This weekend we noticed Pura Vida’s main cover was ripped. I say we noticed, but that sounds like were were observant or diligent….Really this seam that came undone was about as obvious as whacking us on the head. It was at the top of the cover and about 2 feet long. So not addressing it wasn’t really an option. Fortunately a few years ago, a neighbor gave us an old sewing machine she was getting rid of. It’s a home machine, but an old metal one of ages ago. I’ve done a few things with it and tested it on layers of sunbrella so believe it’s up to the task.
Today was the day. Greg was working, so I dug out the machine, set up the sail loft in the salon and gave it a go. Sadly I haven’t gotten around to buying UV thread, so my household thread will have to do for now. I used 3 lines – so maybe we’ll get a little time out of it.
Now after a few more blog maintenance issues…. Matey and I will get our yaya’s taken care of. Then it should be about time for Greg to get home. Photos from the cruise this weekend will be coming….
bay sailing, BYC